Tuesday 11 May 2021

Harvest Festival - Weird village festival funhouse

So if you know me and the type of games I tend to run, you'll know that I rarely run anything that's straight up classical adventure with clear cut enemies and treasures. 
I am not sure why, but when making up stuff myself I tend to lean towards creating situations where it won't be too obvious who the "bad guy" is, and violence will often times be something that has to be initiated from the player side unless they find themselves at the unfortunate end of a reaction roll or take certain types of approaches to things.

Now, because I know that one of my sandbox groups will in their next session take a long travel that we'll for the most part be skipping over both due to the part of the world they're travelling through being still largely not developed by their GM as well as to get to the next cool thing they'll be poking their noses into, I thought "hey, why not add a little event for the travel?" and came up with this small village that they'll be stopping by for rest during their journey that just so happens to be holding their annual harvest festival the night that the PCs are staying in the village.

I also thought that it's been ages since I've really posted anything here apart from the occasional session reports, so why not try to make this something that I could even share with people. Then the thought went further, "I've not tried making a zine or a pdf of any sort before, how hard could it be?", and now a full day later of working on it I've managed to push the village and it's weird festival into a presentable pdf form.

I thus present to you, Harvest Festival - A Weird Funhouse Festival to include into your games when you need something to give the backwater village(s) a bit more flavour. Inside you will find ten interesting or weird sights to see at the festival as well as it'se ritualistic highlight, with the whole village oozing with loose threads for a creative GM to spin maybe even whole adventures around.
Click the picture to open the module:

Click it - it's a cool module and it's free


1 comment:

  1. Good Stuff! I like the night market and its items in particular. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete