Wednesday 4 January 2023

Personal "Appendix N" - Some notable pieces of fiction and media

I recently saw in passing some people talking about what would go into their personal Appendix Ns and so the idea started to bounce around in my head.

This list is by no way exhaustive, but I've listed some picks here on the type of things to check out which I feel have definitely shaped and influenced my view on things and where I get some of my ideas from.
It isn't a list of "here's bunch of cool stuff I've liked" but rather a list of things that I've enjoyed and that when combined might result is something like the type of games I tend to run myself.
The things listed here are also in absolutely no order whatsovere but rather just listed out as they popped to my head

----Literature----

H. P. Lovecraft

Neil Gaiman

Dan Abnett

Ursula K. Le Guinn

Dmitry Glukhovsky - Metro Series

China Mieville - The City & The City, Embassytown

Arkady & Boris Strugatsky - Roadside Picnic

M. John Harrison - Light

Alastair Reynolds - Prefect




--Manga--

Nihei Tsutomu - Blame, Biomega, Abara

Sakamoto Shinichi - Innocent, Innocent Rouge, Kokou no Hito, #DRCL midnight children

Sakurai Gamon & Miura Tsuina - Ajin

Hayashida Q - Dorohedoro

Oshimi Shuzo - Happiness

Nishin Masumi - Heartless

Kagyu Kumo - Goblin Slayer

Kentaro Miura - Berserk

Kui Ryoko - Dungeon Meshi



----Music----

Cryo Chamber

Avatar

Sopor Aeternus & the Ensemble of Shadows

Heilung

Apocalypse Orchestra


----Videogames----

Souls-series (Demon's Souls, Darks Souls 1 - 3, Bloodborne, Elden Ring)

Hunt: Showdown

Darkest Dungeon

Disco Elysium

Planescape: Torment

Morrowind

Battle Brothers

Alice: Madness Returns

Dishonored

GTFO

Fallen London

----TTRPGS----

James Edward Raggi IV - Lamentations of the Flame Princess

Ville Vuorela - STALKER: The SciFi Roleplaying Game

James T. Hook - Have Axe Will Travel

Pelle Nilsson & Johan Nohr - Mörk Borg



--Modules--

Logan Knight - Sleeping Place of the Feathered Swine

Zak Smith - Frostbitten & Mutilated

James Edward Raggi IV - The God That Crawls

Patrick Stuart - Deep Carbon Observatory

Luka Rejec - Witchburner

Kelvin Green - Forgive us, Terror in the Streets, Curious Conundrum of the Conflagerrated Condottierro


--Supplements--

Sam Sorensen - Lowlife

Paolo Greco - Book of Gaub

Patrick Stuart - Veins of the Earth

Charles Ferguson-Avery - Into the Wyrd and Wild



(All art are photomanipulations by me, based off of public domain images)

No comments:

Post a Comment